Roadmap Questions – Why no Pages?
Thank you for listening to our concerns and for building such a great community.
I’m not a Web Developer Expert so I won’t be able to give a comprehensive list, but I’ll try my best. It may be necessary to canvas others as to what they think should be included in Pages. I’ll explain it as best as I can.
- There should be a separate section above Posts, in the same style but it lists all the Pages in the site.
- Pages should consist of a content area, with no title inherently attached to it the way that current Posts have (for example, I should be able to make a Page with no mandatory title viable at the top)
- Pages should not be inherently linked or related to each other the way that Posts are.
- Pages must be able to have embedded html (as current Posts can) so that I can embed an external contact form, etc.
- Pages must have their own unique URL so they can be addressed and linked to from other parts of the site.
Kind of a stretch goal, but it should be possible to group multiple Pages under a kind of content group, so when creating Documentation sites, multiple pages can be linked together under a common topic. That Topic can’t be clicked on but just serves to gather up and order all the collected Pages. Right now I’m using Gitbook to do this for a few sites. Right now from what I can see Publii (in the Documentation themes) only allows a single Post to be a section and each section of that page is a new area under the same category, but for sites with more than a few short pages of documentation, I would need to be able to group multiple, separate pages under the same category. Gitbook does this, and I currently have a few sites hosted there but I would prefer to switch them all the Publii sites as I like this software better.
Other stuff like sidebars and etc are well beyond the scope of Pages I would think, if someone want’s that they’ll use WordPress.
I’ll update this thread if I think of anything else.
If you would like to set up a chat to discuss, please post your email address and I’ll get in touch.