Publii 0.36 Prerelease 1 ready for testing; come help us make it better!
Okay, finally installed and tested the new version of Publii. So, firstly, if you own Windows Pro, you can use Windows Sandbox which creates a temp virtual machine that exists until you close it. For me, it was the easiest solution to begin beta testing Publii 0.36 and help report bugs and share my amendments to the incredible Publii team.
Here is my review/remarks:
- Within the Block editor, when you hover the “CONVERT TO:”, the alignements and other buttons there have no titles.
- When you click on the Tab and get the quick edition menu, titles are again missing.
- In the “Menus”, there is a design issue for when you try to assign a menu to a specific location (the color is missing for the menu name).
- If you choose the OS default font family in the settings then this should not be generated into the website HTML files: <link href=”https://fonts.gstatic.com/” rel=”preconnect” crossorigin=””> as it is not relevant.
- When saving setting in the Global Settings, there is no message whatsoever to confirm the success of the saving.
- In the Global Settings, applying “Time format:” to 24 hours does not make any difference, the setting is not applied.
- Finally, it seems like the Global Settings page is more buggy than expected: most parameters cannot be saved properly.
- After previewing my test website, there is a tiny HTML issue: HTML1500: “Tag cannot be self-closing. Use an explicit closing tag.” See below
- The spellchecker is sooo great!
- The Dark Mode is ♥!
- Markdown syntax is another amazing addition.