Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Roadmap Questions – Why no Pages?

[anonymous] wrote:

@itips3727

Every page on the internet should have a semantic address. The word ‘tag’ is not semantic. It would be great if it was possible to give every page on Publii a real semantic address. There are articles on the internet about the logic of an internet address.

I will not use AMP because it’s a Google developed technology only and as far as I now the are going to deprecated it.

In a perfect world, sure. Though do remember the web pages or posts that include /tags/ in the URL are not the final web page: they’re just a kind of helper; an en-router pointer to the final destination web page / URL.

In correctly structured Publii themes, all the final destination web URLs should be fully semantic, by your definition 🙂 Publii includes everything we need to do just that.

Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc., seem to love Publii-based pages / posts, so no problem.

Also, people can look at a URL that contains /tags/ and when viewing what follows /tags/ get a clearer picture of what the URL is about.

I understand your sentiment about AMP: it’s tetchy at best. For now, AMP is active, and appears to be constantly active in Google. If Google decide to deprecate it, the main responsive website options can just continue to work normally.