Publii 0.36 Prerelease 4!
March 3, 2020 at 5:10 pm#1902
Thanks again for all your answers!!
- I’m thinking about writing a short tutorial about how to implement OpenStreetMap/Mapbox to a (Publii) website. Creating a basic map is simple but customizing a map can be a little tricky.
- Great that you still have the plan to add an option to add pages. Having said that: it’s perfectly possible to create a website with Publii without this option.
- “It works as it should, for the first time the slug is created based on your title; the next time when you change the title, due to SEO, the slug should be changed manually.” This means that the user has to do a lot of manual work!! Is it really important for SEO? Doesn’t Google (and other search engines) discover themselves that a page has moved? Is an updated sitemap not enough?
- The function <span class=””>hasCustomExcerpt</span> work perfectly!! Thanks!!! Maybe rename ‘Read More’ to ‘End of Custom Excerpt’?
- About the ‘Powered by Tiny bug’: see attachment.
Possible new bugs
- When you install Publii on a new computer and change the site location to a directory in Dropbox, the screen ‘Create new Website’ is shown despite the fact that a website already exists. This can be solved by manually setting the setting ‘Load at Start’ to the existing website. I guess the value of ‘Open the last used website’ is still empty.
- Could it be that sometimes a file needs a ‘touch’ or a ‘tick’ (= a new timestamp)? I had two situations in which I didn’t change any code but a particular functionality worked after opening the relevant files.
Greetings from The Netherlands :-)!
You must be logged in to access attached files.