We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Updating fonts.hbs?

Avatar photo[anonymous]

I did some testing with the simple theme and left the fonts at the default of “OS Default Font + OS Default Font”. I setup a new site/page. I blocked * and tried loading the site. There is zero difference in performance in my test setup. The link tag is only “preconnect”, which is blocked. As the page is not trying to load actual fonts from, there is no performance impact.

As expected, the browser tries to open a connection to just in case fonts are requested. Other than a useless connect in this case, it doesn’t have a performance impact. If is blocked in your environment, the firewall will see the attempt to connect to that domain.

It appears this isn’t a performance hit, just a spurious connection.