Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Publii 0.36 Prerelease 4!

Hello Bob,

Thank you very much for your answers!! Publii is looking great!!

Comments

• Great that there will be an ’embed’ block in the block editor!
  • Instead of adding a text field to the postConfig array to show some text to the right side of my page I’m now trying to add a second menu to my website. It’s now working yet (see last comment on this page) but I hope it will soon! In that case you can forget my feature request about adding a wysiswg field to the postConfig array.
  • I totally understand you won’t go through with adding the possibility of translating the app to another language. It opens Pandora box of all kind of new usability bugs!
  • I solved the bug which converted capital letters to lowercase letters. It was the following line in the stylesheet that caused it: text-transform: lowercase;.
  • About the post options: okay, I just tried to find a solution to minimize the visible space it needs in order to show all the options.

Open questions

• Did you receive my feedback on the online documentation that I sent to you?
  • Is there still a plan to implement a feature to create pages?

Possible usability bugs

• About the new Code and HTML feature in the code blocks: maybe rename one of these options (or both)? I find it a bit confusing because they both almost suggest the same thing.
  • About the HTML block: I thinks it’s more user friendly when you always show the HTML code because if you don’t, it’s not clear what the white spaces means/contains.
    To the contact page of my website I added the HTML code that is necessary for showing the OpenStreetMap/Mapbox map. Because this code has a height, a lot of white space is shwon in the editor  and an user doesn’t know what it means.
    I added two screenshots to this message to show what I mean. I think the solution is simple: just always show the HTML-code!

Possible bugs

1. I noticed that when I paste some text (from the internet or a document) in the title of the wysiswg-editor the original format is not removed. Can you catch the text, remove the format and only paste plain text?

Regards,

Verhoeckx