Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

0.36.0 Release 5: Rendering process failed

Hi,

unfortunately the Rendering fails … is there anywhere, I can get some more details on what exactly failed?

After checking the forum, I …

• used a different theme
    • reinstalled a bought theme (ProDocs (1.0.2.0))
    • toggeled a few advanced options

… without any success.

Can someone point me in the right direction, where to look?

Thanks!

[anonymous] wrote:

unfortunately the Rendering fails

Any error message?

From the clipboard …

“Rendering process failed
    An error occurred during rendering process:

Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0”

Have you modified the config.json file?

I changed some settings in the app, but did not alter the file with an editor or something …

If I create a new site the render succeeds …

Are you able to reproduce this issue step by step? It will help us debug the problem.

😉 unfortunately not – if I remeber it right, it startet after I added some “Menu” with “Tag” Content … but I could be wrong.

Would it help to share the site folder with you on a more private way than attaching it here? Would a private reply work – I am not used to this functionality, sorry.

This reply has been marked as private.

Exactly, there is a problem with tags; when I delete them all, the site starts rendering. Thanks for reporting this problem. Now we have to debug what’s going on.

Yeahr. Thank you for your fast response …

I just encountered, that there is one specific page – if I add a tag, rendering fails – if I remove the tags it succeeds.

Hi @wim,

Your issue is caused by fact that you have removed some tag/tags which were set as a main tag for posts.

Please reconfigure main tags in your posts – I suppose it will help as a temporary solution. I have added a fix which will prevent such situations in the upcoming release: https://github.com/GetPublii/Publii/issues/715

ok – didn‘t know that I did that … great to know, that there will be a fix in the near future … would love to use tags.

Thanks a lot!

You can use tags even now, but please remember to be careful if you are removing some tags which could be manually set as a main tag 🙂