Hang when trying to upload site via FTP
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 5 days ago by .
- August 30, 2021 at 8:15 pm #6225ymaurer
I’ve been working successfully with Publii, it’s really a great piece of software. The site has gotten quite big and unfortunately lately the upload via FTP does not work anymore. “Test connection” in Tools works fine, but the deployment just hangs.
In the deployment-errors.log I see the following:
The backup of the site is 2.5GB and some of the files are quite largeish (250 MB). Could size be an issue? I’m running v.0.38.3 (build 14238) on Windows.
YvesSeptember 3, 2021 at 11:30 am #6261Tomasz Dziuda
Well – it is a really big website and I suppose that your files are a reason.
In such case I recommend the following flow:
1) Switch to the manual deployment method under server settings
2) Sync website – you will get output files of your website
3) Upload the website files with your favourite FTP program
4) Switch to the previous FTP method
5) Now you should be able to sync smaller updates without issues with FTP
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!September 6, 2021 at 4:31 pm #6297ymaurer
Thanks for the insights and the workaround. Deleting the big files from the project and then synching manually once did the trick and everything works great again.
Thanks for the help,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.