Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

Importing >5000 markdown files automatically, without a manual Copy-Paste

Just found Publii. Great job!

It seems like the md posts from the interface go into a sqlite db. And that there’s an importer from WP.

Any chance you would make an importer for a markdown lake? Ideally supporting wikilinks. This will bring you a large audience of user from say Obsidian who want to publish their second brain/digital garden.

Hi,

I think that putting 5000 posts into Publii is a bad idea – Publii is not tested and designed to handle such amount of posts. Also it is problematic to generate such big amount of posts on static website – small change on footer/menu/header means that you have reupload at least 5000 files.

And let say 100 *.md files?

Im using ProDocs theme exclusively and writing manuals in MD files to be able to use them in Vitepress or any other frameworks. And from time to time i need to sue Publii.

Is there a way to push MD files/folders into Publii?

Alex – I think that you can consider asking ChatGPT for writing a node.js script which will convert MD files from specified catalog to HTML and then embed them in WXR file, which you can import to Publii 😎