Moving Publii to a new computer
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by .
- December 15, 2019 at 6:49 pm #1040specimen65
This past week my PC where I had Publii installed crashed. Luckily the day before I made backups of all my site’s local directories which Publii used. I have my sites deployed to Netlify and have all the login credentials/tokens saved.
I’ve transferred my files to a new device. Apart from installing Publii, what I do I have to do to get Publii to recognize the local directory where my files are and then sync them with Netlify as before?December 16, 2019 at 5:12 am #1043Bob
There are two ways to restore the website from the backup:
- Go to Documents/Publii/sites/ and create a folder with the name of your backed-up website, then unzip your backup file and extract here its content (three folders: input, output, preview, to be exact); now launch an app.
- Create a new website with the same as your backed-up website, and recover the content using the Backup Tool.
I hope it helps.
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!December 17, 2019 at 9:18 am #1049shantnav
I had a similar problem and don’t have a backup even. Will downloading the repository from GitHub help me in continuing my development? How?
ThanksDecember 17, 2019 at 11:52 am #1050BobDecember 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm #1055specimen65
Thanks for this! I just tried method #1 and it worked. The only thing I needed to do there is reset the server settings (enter the Netlify API key/Tokens etc). I think as long as the path is as it is in method #1, everything will work.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.