Only one theme present after initial install of Publii
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by .
- March 19, 2020 at 4:26 pm #2139morgahuw
I have just started using Publii and I am very impressed indeed with the overall functionality. I have now started to look at using different a theme from the default “Simple” theme. However, when I tried to select an alternative them via the “Select theme” drop down under “Site Settings”, only the “Simple” theme was available. I can see that other themes are available for installation from the Publii Marketplace (some free and some paid for – it took me a while to realise this) but I did expect to see more themes available from within the Publii application itself. Should there be more themes available for use without installing from Marketplace.
I am using Publii v.0.35.3 (build 12104) Beta on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Huw MorganMarch 22, 2020 at 8:43 pm #2165Verhoeckx
As far as I know, only the Simple theme is installed by default. If you want more themes: just install them!
To install a new theme you only have to follow these steps:
1. Download the theme package that you wish to add to Publii; in this example we’ll download the starter.zip package downloaded from the marketplace.
2. Once the download is complete, open Publii and navigate to the Themes by clicking on the three dots in the top-right of the Publii interface to open the submenu, then clicking the Themes option.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded .zip package onto the themes section; Publii will automatically unpack and add the downloaded theme to its library.
4. At this point you can follow the standard steps to install the new theme on your website; the Theme drop-down list will automatically include the newly-added theme in the list of themes available to install and use.
The following themes are free:
• Starter (https://github.com/GetPublii/theme-Starter)
• Technews (https://marketplace.getpublii.com/product/technews/)
• QF Fashion (https://marketplace.getpublii.com/product/qf-fashion/)
• Portfolio (https://marketplace.getpublii.com/product/portfolio/)
• Mercury (https://marketplace.getpublii.com/product/mercury/)
• Tattoo (https://marketplace.getpublii.com/product/tattoo/)
• Taste (https://marketplace.getpublii.com/product/taste/)
• Square (https://marketplace.getpublii.com/product/square/)
So in total you have nine free themes!! That’s a lot!March 23, 2020 at 9:08 am #2169morgahuw
Thank you for your reply and confirming that. All makes sense. The official documentation implies that more themes are installed with the main package. No problem any how. Easy enough to install more themes as per your instructions.
- The topic ‘Only one theme present after initial install of Publii’ is closed to new replies.