To whom it may concern,
I am a new user and using Publii for a few days now. It makes a good first impression and seems to be an excellent tool for managing content.
However, I just stumbled on a problem that caused me to loose some data (from a 30min writing session, nothing too dramatic).
This may be a known problem, sorry for the duplicate then.
To recreate the problem:
- Create or edit a post, making a few changes.
- Use the mouse buttons MOUSE4 / MOUSE5 to navigate to a previous page (for me its MOUSE4)
(it looks to me, that publii is structured as a website, and the desktop application is a thin browser wrapping it)
- Result: Your changes are lost without a warning.
- Issue a warning popup, like e.g. closing without saving, before letting me leave the current view
- Alternative 1: Provide a way to recover changes, e.g. autosaving
- Alternative 2: Disable the browserlike navigation shortcuts (make MOUSE4/MOUSE5 inactive)
Does this happen for other users also? Is there anything I can do better (besides avoiding the mouse buttons)?
This is actually the first bug report I have ever written in my personal life. I really like the app!