Please fix: Loosing data due to navigation with mouse buttons
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by .
- May 7, 2020 at 1:08 pm #2664tonyj
To whom it may concern,
I am a new user and using Publii for a few days now. It makes a good first impression and seems to be an excellent tool for managing content.
However, I just stumbled on a problem that caused me to loose some data (from a 30min writing session, nothing too dramatic).
This may be a known problem, sorry for the duplicate then.
To recreate the problem:
- Create or edit a post, making a few changes.
- Use the mouse buttons MOUSE4 / MOUSE5 to navigate to a previous page (for me its MOUSE4)
(it looks to me, that publii is structured as a website, and the desktop application is a thin browser wrapping it)
- Result: Your changes are lost without a warning.
- Issue a warning popup, like e.g. closing without saving, before letting me leave the current view
- Alternative 1: Provide a way to recover changes, e.g. autosaving
- Alternative 2: Disable the browserlike navigation shortcuts (make MOUSE4/MOUSE5 inactive)
Does this happen for other users also? Is there anything I can do better (besides avoiding the mouse buttons)?
This is actually the first bug report I have ever written in my personal life. I really like the app!May 7, 2020 at 8:50 pm #2669Tomasz Dziuda
To be honest – it is a first kind of this report.
I cannot reproduce it on my magic mouse on macOS – I suppose that you have some special “go back” button on your mouse.
Also I cannot reproduce this issue using shortcut used for “Go back” action on Chromium.
(yes, Publii is based on Electron so it is a browser-based desktop app).
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!May 7, 2020 at 8:55 pm #2670Tomasz Dziuda
Ok, I have found this one: https://www.electronjs.org/docs/api/browser-window#event-app-command-windows-linux
I will block the browser-backward command what should fix your problems in the next release 🙂
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.