Questions about Cortado theme (pre-purchase)
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by .
- April 3, 2020 at 1:09 pm #2309Bartatwork
I’m new to Publii, but I already like it a lot! Coming from WordPress, I’m familiar with many ways to customize a theme and drag and drop content. There may be a couple of things I have to get used to with Publii. Bear with me, I’ll get there in the end 😉
I consider using the Cortado theme for my website. I don’t have a restaurant, but the look and feel of the theme is what I’m after. However, before I purchase, I have some questions:
- The home page has different sections. Can their order be readjusted?
- Can sections be duplicated? I could see a use of two ‘bottom news’, ‘testimonials’ or ‘center welcome’ sections, both populated with different text, content or tagged posts.
- How are the sections actually populated? Are this standard posts, displayed in different ways?
- The dishes section on the home page looks great for an ‘our services’ section. Can the layout be changed? In the demo it’s 2×2, but 1×4 or 2×3 would be nice to have.
Thanks in advance!April 13, 2020 at 11:37 am #2435Bartatwork
Anyone..?April 13, 2020 at 6:10 pm #2438champi
I’m not sure that drag and drop features like wp bakery, element or or divi exist in Publii. But I don’t use those “premium templates”.
If you read carefully the description of the theme you’ll see :
In this theme you’ll find three different post templates to suit multiple needs; two standard post layouts, and a special split-screen layout for when the image is just as important as the text.
So I don’t think you can customize the theme in 1×4 or 2×3 without modifying the css by yourself. But Publii allows you to insert custom CSS. So, if you want I think that you can easily modify the default 2×1 layout to something else. But with CSS, not ic the theme settings.
Again, I’m not a premium template specialist.April 20, 2020 at 12:26 pm #2525Bartatwork
I know about the post templates, but I’m actually talking about the homepage / frontpage.
Would love to hear from someone…April 20, 2020 at 1:05 pm #2527Bob
Answering your questions:
- You can change the section order by editing the index.hbs file, there is no GUI options for that.
- Same answer as above…
- The hero section can be static, generated by featured posts or by posts via a selected tag.
The section below the hero is static content.
Our Favourites – can be static or generated by posts via a selected tag.
The “Dishes” section is generated by posts via a selected tag.
Testimonials are static content.
The section above the footer is generated by post via a selected tag.
- You can set 2,3 or 4 columns and the number of items.
Do you appreciate the support you've received today? If so, consider donating to the Publii team by clicking here; we'll be sure to use your donation to make Publii even better!
You must be logged in to access attached files.April 20, 2020 at 1:34 pm #2532Bartatwork
That’s exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks Bob 😀
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.