Download
We're evolving to serve you better! This current forum has transitioned to read-only mode. For new discussions, support, and engagement, we've moved to GitHub Discussions.

3000+ posts

Hello,

Can publii handle thousands of posts ?
    Has anyone tested publii with this many posts ?

Thanks.

We have several sites over 1000 posts. one with ~ 4000, one with ~8000 or maybe even ~9000 by now. They are all in production and work very well once the design and export is done and are online.

But the larger you get the slower it becomes when working with the publii app and doing the export – upload, due to the app not being optimized for multi threading: https://forum.getpublii.com/topic/binary-needs-multi-threading-acceleration/

Generally you should have a very fast computer to make it above 3000 – 4000 posts. ( minimum a Intel core i7 or core i9, or a Mac with apple’s own chip )

Developers did not respond to my post about multi threading, so perhaps they think it’s s niche use case and not worth their time, but I hope they consider this optimization as it will unlock more serious users, like news sites and agencies, and any other larger, enterprise class players.

Thanks for the info.

I’ve seen u use Linux, did u also test this on Windows ?

Hi,

We have a plan to improve Publii for bigger websites – in this year we want to focus on these 3 areas:

– add virtual scrolling for lists (especially posts/tags/authors)
    – consider add multithreading for rendering and thumbnail regeneration process (electron earlier had issues with Threads and ASAR implementation)
    – add support for GIT instead of using GitHub/GitLab API for faster sync of big websites with these services

We want to address it in Publii v.0.44-v.045 planned for the last quarter of this year if possible.

Tomasz Dziuda wrote:

Hi,

We have a plan to improve Publii for bigger websites – in this year we want to focus on these 3 areas:

– add virtual scrolling for lists (especially posts/tags/authors)

– consider add multithreading for rendering and thumbnail regeneration process (electron earlier had issues with Threads and ASAR implementation)

– add support for GIT instead of using GitHub/GitLab API for faster sync of big websites with these services

We want to address it in Publii v.0.44-v.045 planned for the last quarter of this year if possible.

Hello, maybe you could include some way so that it is not necessary to upload an image to publi to be able to show the main thumbnail, instead being able to use an external image only with the url of the image stored elsewhere, this is to avoid doing heavy rendering and being able to move our sites more easily from one service to another, with publications of 4,000 or 9,000 publications sometimes it is very heavy, adding to that that each theme regenerates 3 to 6 different images.

I hope they can also release a free theme that is a little more elegant and with more sections, well I personally modified a theme to my needs but there are parts of the code that I don’t understand and I was also reviewing the documentation to create new themes, I hope they can do something. A slightly more visual theme builder with code intervention would obviously be willing to create some new themes for the community, I think the idea might be to make the publi community bigger.

Hi,

FYI – we have released alpha version with support for git repositories which is much more efficient than current API-based way: https://forum.getpublii.com/topic/git-feature-in-publii-v-0-44-0-alpha/

@Tomasz Thank you! Will look forward for production release. I appreciate you guys listening to the user base! 🙂

Any news on the multi threading optimization on future versions? (fingers crossed!)